posted Aug 25, 2012, 11:09 AM by Marc Temkin
updated Aug 25, 2012, 11:15 AM
When: September 24th-‐28th, 2012
Where: Gleacher Center, Chicago, Illinois
20th IEEE International
Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'12)
R E Q U I R E M E N T S A N D U N C E R T A I N T Y
September 24 - September 28, 2012
Chicago, Illinois, USA
C A L L F O R P A R T I C I P A T I O N
The IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference series (RE) is the premier international forum
for researchers, educators, practitioners and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends,
experiences and concerns in the field of Requirements Engineering.
RE'12 will be held at the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago - the "Windy City" - just steps from the Navy Pier
and the Magnificent Mile. Chicago is known as a major hub for industry, telecommunications and infrastructure,
and has been listed as one of the world's top ten global financial centers.
The RE'12 conference program contains 26 research papers and 10 industry papers, including a "Meet the Expert"
session and other panel sessions on Technology Transfer and Certifications for Requirements Engineers.
Nancy Leveson, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Steve Fickas, University of Oregon
Chris Rupp, SOPHIST
PRE-CONFERENCE, WORKSHOP PROGRAM (Early Registration Deadline: August 27)
7th Int'l Model-Driven Requirements (MoDRE) Workshop
7th Int'l Workshop on Requirements Engineering Education and Training (REET)
2nd Int'l Workshop on Requirements Patterns (RePa'12)
5th Int'l Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Law (RELAW'12)
5th Int'l Workshop on Twin Peaks of Requirements and Architecture (TwinPeaks'12)
2nd Int'l Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Systems and Systems-of-Systems (RESS'12)
2nd Int'l Workshop on Empirical Requirements Engineering (EmpiRE'12)
* What Every Requirements Engineer Needs to Know About Starting a Business (Alan Davis, David Callele)
* Get Involved, Get Prepared: Tutorials for Requirements Analysis, Conversation and Documentation
Aligned to the IREV e.V Body of Knowledge (Rainer Grau, Kim Lauenroth)
* Defining Security Requirements Using Security Patterns (Eduardo Fernandez)
* Writing Good Requirements (Erik Simmons)
* Contract-Driven Requirements Engineering (Brian Berenbach)
* Commitments in Requirements Engineering (Amit Chopra, Munindar Singh)
* Applying Model Driven Engineering and Domain Specific Languages to Requirements Engineering (Bruce Trask, Angel Roman)
* Using EARS+ to Vary the Level of Detail in Natural Language Requirements (Alistair Mavin)
* Mapping Product Line Requirements to Product Line Architecture (Mike Mannion, Juha Savolainen)
* Produce Management for Software and Systems (Christof Ebert)
* Writing Security Objectives (Brenda Larcom)
* Requirements Reuse with Concern-Driven Development (Gunter Mussbacher, Jorg Kienzle)
The RE'12 Conference Banquet will be held Thursday, September 27 at Chicago's elegant Union Club,
which promotes civic responsibility and government honesty. The private club boasts 28-foot high ceilings,
a private library and several U.S. presidents among their patrons.
Dress code enforced, please see the RE'12 website for details.
YOM KIPPUR -- Arrangements have been made for attendees of RE'12 who wish to observe Yom Kippur,
which occurs during the RE'12 conference week. This includes attendance at one of six synagogues
nearby the conference -- reservations must be made well in advance.
For more information, please see <http://crisys.cs.umn.edu/re2012/yomkippur.shtml>
or contact Dan Berry at <email@example.com>.
Conference, workshop and tutorial registration is available online, by fax or mail.
Please see the RE'12 registration details <https://regmaster3.com/2012conf/RE12/register.php>.
Early Registration Deadline: August 27, 2012
IEEE and IEEE Computer Society
International Requiremetns Engineering Board
University of Minnesota, Software Engineering Center
Center of Excellence for Software Traceability
Mats Heimdahl (University of Minnesota, USA)
Pete Sawyer (Lancaster University, UK)
Program Committee Chair
Jane Huang (DePaul University, USA)
Jane Huffman-Hayes (University of Kentucky, USA)
Tony Gorschek (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Industry Track Chairs
For additional information, including hotel recommendations, please visit: http://www.re12.org